Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You


The book that I read is called I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter. This book talks about hope from when Cammie Morgan told Josh Abrams (the boy she's been dating) that she lied to him about her life and the school that she goes to because she's not allowed to tell. It says on page 282, "Then, I realized where we were-what he was looking at. JOSH KNOWS! I mentally screamed. There doesn't have to be any more lying. He's inside. He's one of us (kind of). He's..." This quote shows she has hope for her and Josh. She realized that now that Josh knows the secret about her and who she really is that now they can move past it. She hopes that Josh will forgive her and they can still go out. It also shows hope by when things don't end up how she wanted it to, "I don't know if Josh will ever talk to me again. I don't know what he'll remember, or what we'll face in CoveOps,...But I know who will be beside me, and as every good spy knows- sometimes that's enough" (p. 284). This shows she has hope for her future and even though she doens't know if things in her life will go as planned, she knows that she has her friends and hope for the best!

1 comment:

Mallory O. said...

hahahaha you would write about this jessica!!! hahha ilu!!! :D