Wednesday, April 22, 2009

BLOG #1: All American Girl

I am reading a book called All American Girl by Meg Cabot. I like this book because every few chapters they have these mini journal pages that the main character writes and they are always like top 10 reasons this would happen...and i really like this because the last one always relates to what has happened. My favorite one was this one that said..."And the number-one little-known fact about Dolley Madison: 1) She wasn't really very attractive" I thought this one was funny because before, the president's son asked if she was related to Dolley Madison because they have the same last name and then later when she researched her, she found out she wasn't really very attractive and she didn't know if what he said then was a big insult. I just thought that part was funny and it was my favorite line in the book. I also noticed that this book goes very fast. Like the author skips a lot of days so it makes the book seem like a couple months and I thought this was interesting because usually I read books that happen in the same week or two. The one thing I don't like about this book, is that I find the main character a little annoying. She always seems to whine and she doesn't like her life. She always says how bad her life is compared to her sister and it's actually not that bad, like when she writes in her journal..."Okay, here are the top ten reasons why I can't stand my sister Lucy" and she lists all these ridiculous things that aren't so bad to me. I also think she's very annoying sometimes like when she puts herself down. But although I think all of that, I do think that she has a very strong mind. She knows who she is and when she was offered to go to her ex best friend's (now shes the queen bee of their grade) party she didn't even want to go, she didn't want to become popular and she doesn't like the way they talk or think and she doesn't want anything to do with it.

No comments: