Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Inner Circle

I read this book called Inner Circle by Kate Brian. This book shows text about love when Reed Brennan (the main character) tells her boyfriend "I love you" for the first time. The author writes, "I could do this. I could. Because I meant it. And because I trusted him. And it didn't matter what happened next. I just wanted him to know. My fists uncurled. I breathed in. And when I let the air out again, I said it. 'Josh, I love you'". This scene shows how scared she was to tell him and she was really nervous but she didn't care what happened next, all that matter was him knowing how she felt. Another part in the book, it talks about love as something else though. It says, "'Reed, please don't do this. It wasn't me. I didn't know what I was doing,' he pleaded. 'I love you! Reed! You know that I love you!' My heart tore down the middle. Today his words felt like a cruel joke. Like torture. He kept calling to me, but I didn't look back. I would never look back". This was when they got in a fight and she didn't believe what he was saying. Instead of felling light and happy when he said "I love you" she felt pain. This just shows that love comes along with different feelings.

No comments: