Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Plan B...part 2

I've finished a couple more chapters and the last time I blogged I left off saying that Vanessa and her family have just heard about the news that she has a new half brother, Reed Vaughn, and she's dreading the arrival date. Now I have learned that Reed was sent down by her mother because he was having troubles with the show, and just recently crashed his new car into a corner store. His mother thought it would be nice for Reed to take a breather and a break from the show until he pulls his act together. Reed is no much happier than Vanessa about staying and it turns out they already have things to argue about. Like before Reed came, Vanessa has never had ground rules, she never had a curfew and she had her parents trust. Since Reed arrived, her parents decided that a curfew was necessary and Vanessa isn't happy about that at all. There first arguement was about Vanessa taking up too much space in the bathroom with all her products, and Vanessa found that one day he took out her stuff to find room to move his stuff in. My favorite quote so far is when Reed says, "Can we get out of here? They're all over me" (p. 56). I like this because it backs Vanessa's point on how she thinks he's selfish and inconsiderate. This scene happened at the airport and that was the first thing he said to them when he met them. I thought it was funny because this line proves he's not happy about being there. My prediction is that Reed and Vanessa will have a lot of problems and he'll want to leave back home to C.A.

No comments: