Thursday, October 2, 2008

two way street

I have recently been reading a book by Lauren Barnholdt called Two Way Street. So far it's about a girl named Courtney that is driving to college with her ex boyfriend Jordan. The thing is though, is that she still likes Jordan a lot and is still hurt about his breakup with her. Jordan, on the other hand, looks like he still has feelings for Courtney but in the book, it keeps saying that there is a deeper reason why he broke up with her. For example on page 16, Jordan says, "She thinks I dumped her for some girl I met on the Internet. If she knew what really happened, she'd probably hate me even more. Because the truth is, Courtney and I broke up for a really fucked-up reason that she doesn't know about, and hopefully never will. There is no Internet girl. I made her up." It makes me want to keep reading to find out what the real reason why he broke up with her. I like this line because he has a secret that hes not sharing yet but hopefully will. This book is great because it switches both characters of Jordan and Courtney and also it switches off chapters of the past and present. This is a great book so far and everyone should read it that likes teen fiction.

I'll post back soon about more of the book!

No comments: